It may be defined as:
“ A change in pressure & volume of gas without any change in its temperature is called an isothermal process or isothermal operation”.
i.e. T = constant
& △T = 0
Essential Conditions for Perfect Isothermal Process:
The equation of an Isothermal Change:
Specific Heat Capacity of Isothermal Change:
then △T = 0
∵ △T =0 ∴ C = ∞
- Show that the Slope of Adiabatic Curve is more steeper than that of Isothermal Curve?
- Vanderwall’s Gas in Joule Thomson Expansion-Thermodynamics
- Reversible and Irreversible Processes (Thermodynamic Processes)
- The Equation of State (Relation between P, V, and T )
- Discovery of Heavy Hydrogen
- Specific Heat of Gas (Relation b/w Cp & Cv)