How to study for an exam in one day?
One of the most difficult things in the world is to study for a major test. It’s pretty common for students to prepare extensively and work their hardest to make sure they are ready to take their exams.
However, the days leading up to exams can be quite hectic, which is why students often study right up until the day before. This blog will take you through some of the best ways to prepare for your exams, so you can avoid stress and have time to enjoy your life.
Don’t ever try to study everything on the day before the exam. It just increases stress & the chances are of going blank during the exam.
Then, how to study?
Well, don’t worry! The 11 points that I’m gonna share with you today will help you tackle any exam in just one day.
- How to Study for an Exam in One Day?
- Final Words
How to Study for an Exam in One Day?
It is not guaranteed that you will score the highest in your class. However, following these 11 tips can help you easily pass the examination with good marks.
Before we start, the only thing I want you to do is to implement these points. If you are not gonna implement it, then this article is not for you.
Let’s move to our first point!
01. Have a To-Do List!
It is better to have a pre-planned to-do list If you really want to score well in the exam.
- Divide your day into two parts. In the first half, you can study concepts, important terms, formulas & summary of chapters. (Leave at least 6 hrs for sleeping at night)
- And In the second half, I suggest you practice previous year’s solved papers because most of the time we see a lot of questions are asked from past papers. (5 Year Solved Papers)
02. Find a Good Place to Study
The environment plays an important role in improving your focus and effectiveness while studying.
- Choose a place away from distractions (TV, Music, Sounds, etc.)
- Choose a place far away from bed because bed makes us more comfortable & you can fall asleep.
- Try to study at a desk & chair rather than a bed.
- Ask your family members or friends not to disturb you till you’re studying.
03. Bring All Necessary Items
You should bring all the material you need while studying.
- Bring a pen, pencil, ruler, highlighter, textbook, notes, unsolved papers, syllabus, water bottle, snacks, computer (if required), log tables, etc.
- Do not bring distracting stuff such as mobile phones, loops, magazines, newspapers, etc. (You have to sacrifice it for 1 day)
04. Switch Off All Electronic Devices
I have read a quote somewhere, i.e. “Attraction to distraction is a bigger distraction”. This is another big problem today when Indian Youth is addicted to video games more than social media.
- Switch your phone off or put it in flight (airplane) mode.
- Do not use the Computer for your entertainment.
05. Better to Study Alone
It is better to study alone than with friends. Most people think that group study is the best option as it can help you clear your concepts.
But I think you know better, what happens when we study in a group. We get bored easily & study less than we want to. This is why I personally don’t recommend it. (You might be the exception)
- It is good to study in a group if you’re studying with someone who is as much smart as you.
06. Go through your Notes
Reading every single question from your textbook takes a lot of time & sometimes tends to boredom. So It is not good to study everything. Better you just go through the notes.
If you don’t have notes try asking your friends after reading this post. Also, you can read the summary of the chapters given at the end of your textbook.
- Create sub-notes ( i.e. smaller notes includes summary & imp. points only)
- If you won’t be able to focus, then try to say loudly whatever you’re reading.
7. Make Sheets/Flash Cards
FlashCards are the best way to keep memorizing those points which you can easily forget.
- Write Imp. terms & formula’s on flashcards.
- Write the summary of chapters.
08. Keep reviewing your Syllabus
Keep reviewing your syllabus so that you can go through each topic given on the syllabus.
- You can highlight those topics using a highlighter which you’ve done.
- Skip all those topics, which are not in the syllabus.
09. Take Breaks!
It is not good to study regularly for hours, as it can decrease your activeness & makes you feel bored.
- Take a break after every chapter you’ve completed for 10-15 minutes after that focus on the next chapter. (If you’re doing previous year’s papers then take a short break between each paper.)
10. Motivate yourself
Keep motivating yourself. Anyone can become a negative thinker during exams due to a lot of pressure. At my school/college times, whenever I feel negative I remember,
Pressure makes Diamonds
It might also help you too.
- Watch motivational videos, and stories during breaks.
- You can also meditate or exercise during breaks to stay active.
11. Take Sufficient Sleep
Don’t try to study the whole night before the exam otherwise you may feel sleepy during exams.
- Try sleeping 5-6 hrs.
& and that’s how you can study in one day… I hope you like this post. Valuable suggestions, and feedback are always welcomed in the comment section.
We hope you enjoyed our blog about how to study for an exam in one day. We’ve tried to answer a lot of the questions that many students have about how the best way to study for an exam.
Whether you are trying to cram for an exam or simply trying to get a decent amount of studying done, we hope that this article will be helpful for you.
We are here to answer any questions or comments you might have and would love to hear from you. If you would like to share your thoughts on this article, please let us know in the comments section.
Thank you for reading, we hope that this article has been helpful!Sharing is Caring ❤️