Franck Condon Principle: The distribution of intensity among the bonds of on electronic bond system varies greatly from one molecule to other and from one bond system to another of some molecule.
Let us take three molecules O, CO, I2 molecules:
- In the case of O,2 the (O, O) bond is maximum intense while the successive bonds of progression appear rapidly decreasing.
- For the specturm of CO, the intensity of bonds along the progessional first increase rapidly to a maximum and the gradually decreases.
- In the case of I2 molecules, a long progression is observed the intensity rises gradually and the maximum reaches at very high value sometimes in the continumm.
|Fig. Spectrum of O2, CO & I2|
An electronic transition in a molecules takes place so rapidly compared to the vibrational motion of the nuclie that the instanteneous inter-nuclear distance and the velocity of the nucleus can be considered remaining unchanged during the electronic transition.
The most probable vibrational transition are those in which one of the two turning points of a vibrational level of the one electronic state lies of approximately the same internuclear distance as one of the two turning point of a levels of the other electronic states except in case of V =0 level for which the mid point is representing maxima.
|Fig. Various vibrational levels|
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 520.00Was: INR 610.00
- Price: INR 375.00
- Price: INR 420.00Was: INR 450.00
- Price: INR 374.00Was: INR 695.00
- Price: INR 379.00Was: INR 399.00
- Price: INR 248.00
- Price: INR 488.00Was: INR 498.00
- Price: INR 840.00Was: INR 1,045.00
- Price: INR 375.00Was: INR 395.00