Effective Study Techniques to Help you Score 100/100 in 2018
Tip # 1: Choose the Best Time of Your Day
- Every student has a peak learning time, you have to identify which time is best for you, i.e. when you are most productive. Not the same time is applicable for all but everyone, it depends on your body’s effectiveness. So you have to select that peak learning time out of your day.
- It is not necessary that you have to study in the early morning or at late night. It all depends on when you are most effective. Even I also as a student never study in the early morning or at late night but it only follows on me. Maybe it also follows on you but you should select on your level of effectiveness.
- Don’t ignore other activities like playing, socializing, exercise etc. because these activities help you in staying healthy & creative.
- Always try to choose that time when distractions are minimized.
Tip # 2: Have a Short Note Time Table; Plan Your Day in Advance.
- Having a timetable is one of another great effective study techniques. The best way to complete your tasks is to be pre-planned, as it will save your lot of time. Also If you have no idea, how you will be going to study, then, believe me, you’ll never be able to study effectively.
- Take a small part of your day & use it for planning your next day. If you ask me, I’ll suggest you, a half-an-hour before you’re going to bed is the best time to prepare a task list. (At the end of this post I’ll suggest you mobile applications that can help you make your to-do list)
- Whether you’re a school or a college student, Fix the time how much you’re willing to give to your subjects. e.g. Supposingly, I’ve had to study three subjects like Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, then I’m giving one hour to each subject. ( you can add more hours too)
Tip # 3: Break Time ( 50/10 or 60/10 )
- I highly recommended you to take 10 to 15 minutes of spacing between each of the two subjects.
- Don’t try to use your smartphone in the breaks, as I’ve told you to choose a break time of 10 to 15 minutes, and I know very well that when you open your phone, a lot of time is going to be wasted & we feel regret about that, So try to avoid your phone in the break time.
- You can feel more energetic by doing meditation for 5 to 6 minutes. ( A simple meditation is to take a long breath in & breath out ), you can try to have a walk, Or If you’re feeling sleepy, then you can try an instant coffee.
Tip # 4:- Try Smart Study Skills
- Try to study harder subjects at the very beginning & easier ones at the last, as it helps you to accomplish your daily goals without being bored.
- Some of the smart skills which you can use: make flashcards, notes, snippets, try to summarise the chapter, For more you can ask me in the comment section.
- Avoid the use of smartphones & other electronic gadgets. In the end, I’ll tell you about the mobile applications that can help you stay away from it.
Tip # 5: Stay Consistent
- After all, you’ve to stay consistent with your routine for at least 21 days. As 21 is an amazing number. Believe me, if you continuously practice above 4 tips for 21 days, it becomes your habit and comes under your reflex action.
- Try to be motivated by watching motivational & inspirational videos on YouTube, reading good books can also help you stay motivated & follow your daily routine. Also, try to view your task list several times a day.
- Try to answer these two questions at the end of your day i.e. What I’ve learned today? and How I can be more effective? Try to write these two answers every night before sleeping in your personal diary.
- Don’t feel disappointed or regret if you haven’t completed your task list at the end of your day. Instead, try to constantly improve yourself the next day.
Pro Tip :
- Always try to relate whatever you’re reading with the current situation. It will help you remember it for a long time & make it settle on your subconscious mind.
Once a teacher is teaching his students & the students feel difficulty in learning the spelling of a word “assassination”, then teacher explain it in such a way that students never forget, i.e.
ASSASSINATION : ASS over ASS, & I am over them & above me the whole NATION.
In this way he told & student never forget that word. It is how you can relate whatever you are reading or learning with current situation. Don’t take it as a joke, it a proven technique.
#Mobile Applications That Can Help You Building a Steel Strong Focus :(Effective Study Techniques)
These apps are available on the play store. You can continue to download by clicking on Link provided.
ii) Todoist:This is also a powerful app, helps you creating your To-do List & complete it on time.
# Some Useful Books for Students, You Might Love :
-Dr. Vivek Bindra
iii) EAT THAT FROG: 21 Great Ways To Stop Procrastination & Get More Done in Less Time.