In this article, we are going to discuss the Inadequacy of classical mechanics and the origin of quantum mechanics. So let us start with the basis of the development of classical mechanics.
The development of Classical mechanics is based on Newton’s three laws :
- Law of Inertia
- Law of Force
- Law of Action and Reaction
The classical mechanics explain correctly the motion of celestial bodies like planets, stars, and microscopic terrestrial bodies moving with non- relativistic speed.
The inadequacy of Classical Mechanics are :
- It does not hold in the region of atomic dimensions.
- It could not explain the observed spectra of black body radiation.
- It could not explain the observed variation of the specific heat of metal and gases.
- It could not explain the observed spectrum of black body radiation.
- It could not explain the origin of discrete spectra of atoms since according to classical mechanics the energy changes are always continuous.
- Classical Mechanics could not explain a large number of the phenomenon like photoelectric effect, Raman effect, etc.
The inadequacy of Classical Mechanics led to the origin of Quantum Mechanics.
Study Tips & Tricks :
- How to Stop Procrastinating: Summary of the Book “Eat That Frog”
- These 5 Tips Can Helps You Study more Effectively & defeat Procrastination
- How to Study for an Exam in One day? (In 11 points)