In this article, we are going to discuss the Inadequacy of classical mechanics and the origin of quantum mechanics.
So let us start with the basis of the development of classical mechanics.
The development of Classical mechanics is based on Newton’s three laws :
- Law of Inertia
- Law of Force
- Action and Reaction Law
Classical mechanics explain correctly the motion of celestial bodies. The celestial bodies are planets, stars, and microscopic terrestrial bodies.
These bodies move with non-relativistic speed.
The inadequacy of Classical Mechanics are :
- It does not hold in the region of atomic dimensions.
- It could not explain the observed spectra of black body radiation.
- The variation of the specific heat of metal and gases is also not explained.
- It could not explain the observed spectrum of black body radiation.
- It could not explain the origin of the discrete spectra of atoms. This is so because according to classical mechanics the energy changes are always continuous.
- Classical Mechanics could not explain a large number of phenomenon. Some of them are photoelectric effect, Raman effect, etc.
The inadequacy of Classical Mechanics led to the origin of Quantum Mechanics.
Study Tips & Tricks :
- How to Stop Procrastinating: from Eat That Frog
- These 5 Tips Can Helps You Study More Effectively
- How to Study for an Exam in One day? (In 11 points)