CDS 2018 Online Application Form: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts CDS (Combined Defence Services) exam two times every year. This examination consists of a written exam, interview & then medical & physical tests.
Every year UPSC conducts this exam for providing admission to candidates in Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Airforce Academy & Officer Training Academy.
The date of start of online application form for CDS 1 & CDS 2 are as follows :
- CDS 1 (2018) application will be started on 8th November 2017.
- CDS 2 (2018) application will be started on 8th August 2018.
One can apply for the written examination after the release of the Official CDS 2018 notification.
CDS 2018 IMPORTANT DATES :
The important dates for CDS 1 & CDS 2 including official notification, the start of the online application, last date to fill an online application form, date of issue of admit card, date of written examination, the announcement of results are given below :
|Some Important Dates for CDS 2018 Exam|
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO KEEP IN MIND:
•Exam Conducting Authority: UPSC
• Mode of Examination: Online
• Negative Marking: Yes
• Type of Questions: Objective
• Application Fee*: Rs.200/-
* Note: Rs. 200/- application fee is for Gen. & O.B.C category boys only. Females/SC/ST are not subjected to pay an application fee.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CDS(2018) :
In order to apply for CDS candidate must satisfy the following criteria :
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Criteria: For INA ( Indian Naval Academy), IMA ( Indian Military Academy) & AFA ( Air Force Academy) age limit is from 20 to 24 years. For OTA (Officer Training Academy) age limit is 25 years.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidate must be graduated or having a degree in engineering from a recognized university. He/She must also have studied Physics & Mathematics at 10+ 2 level.
*Graduation final year students can also apply for this exam.
- Physical Standards: Candidate must be physically fit as per the criteria of CDS examination.
HOW TO APPLY FOR EXAM?
The application form for CDS 1 & CDS 2 will be available online from 8th Nov. 2017 and 8th Aug. 2018 respectively.
Interested candidates can apply for the exam after the official notice announced by UPSC.
one can apply online by visiting www.upsconline.nic.in
APPLICATION FEE :
- The CDS 1 application fee for General & O.B.C category is Rs.200/-
- Female/SC/ST candidates are exempted to pay an application fee.
- The mode of payment is either through Net Banking or via Cash mode.
SYLLABUS & EXAM PATTERN :
The exam pattern for CDS exam is as follows :
ii) For OTA EXAMINATION :
Syllabus: You can download UPSC CDS Syllabus in pdf format by the link given below :
SELECTION PROCESS :
Selection of Candidate is based on the following steps :
i) Written exam
ii) Personal Interview
iii) Document Verification
iv) Physical & Medical Reports.
SOME RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR PREPARATION :
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 697.00Was: INR 735.00
- Price: INR 359.00Was: INR 390.00
- Price: INR 331.00Was: INR 495.00
- Price: INR 177.00Was: INR 224.00
- Price: INR 571.00Was: INR 590.00
- Price: INR 260.00Was: INR 525.00
- Price: INR 148.00Was: INR 225.00
These are some books which you can buy from above link from Amazon & get additional discounts. Still, If you have any query, questions, suggestions about this post (CDS 2018 application form), drop them in below comment box. Follow us on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ for easy access to this news daily.
See Also :