It’s hard to get up early in the morning when you don’t have any reason to do so. But waking up early & making it a routine can help you boost your energy & save a lot of time.
And who doesn’t want to save time? …..Hardly any. Well, this post is all about the best alarm clock apps for heavy sleepers.
Here heavy sleepers refer to someone who can’t wake up easily, even with an alarm clock.
I myself was a heavy sleeper late before. At that time, I had tried plenty of ways to get up early, but most of them failed.
But, then I found a different type of alarming app, where you’ve to complete a task in order to stop the alarm from ringing. These apps help me a lot. These are so designed that they will not snooze or stop until you complete a particular task.
These tasks include solving maths problems, taking pictures of a particular place, scanning a code or shaking up your phone.
Before we go further, let me enlist you some of the top benefits of waking up early in the morning.
- 5 Best Study Apps for College Students [2019 Updated]
- Eat That Frog (21 Great ways to Stop Procrastinating): Book Summary
Benefits of Waking Up Early in the Morning
Here is a list of some of the top benefits of getting up early in the morning:
- Waking up early can help you feel good and energetic.
- It can also help you save a lot of time which you can use to accomplish your goals.
- Productivity increases a lot if you get up early in the morning.
- It can also help you increase the quality of your sleep.
- You can enhance your mood by getting up early in the morning.
Below is an infographic by Positive Health wellness that clearly illustrates all the benefits of getting up early in the morning.
Getting up early doesn’t mean you are sleeping less. Instead, you should go to bed early in the night so as to maintain your sleep quota.
You can also view the below video on how to reduce your sleep quota by Sadhguru below.
This is all about the benefits of waking up early in the morning. Now, let us move to our list of 5 best mobile apps that can help you wake up on time, no matter how hard you sleep.
Best Alarm Clock Apps for Heavy Sleepers
The apps listed below are available both on Android as well as iOS stores. Also, the link to download each of them is given at the end of the app description.
1. Alarmy: Sleep If You Can!
You might be wondering, why I have placed Alarmy in the first position. Well, this is because of its amazing features & user-friendly interface.
Alarmy is dubbed as “the world’s most annoying alarm clock” and is also featured by some of the top publishers including Cnet, Huffington Post & Gizmodo.
Missions & Tasks:
In order to turn off the alarm clock, you can set a number of tasks or missions. Here is a list of all the tasks that Alarmy comes with:
- Photo Missions: Get up and take pictures of registered places (the place you have set last night) in order to shut down the alarm.
- Maths Missions: Solve easy or hard maths problems (which include addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) to snooze the alarm.
- Barcode Scanning: Take a picture of a barcode so as to turn off the alarm.
- Shake your Phone: Shake your phone 999 times (you’ve to set how many times, you want to shake) in order to turn off the alarm.
- You can change the settings so that you cannot uninstall the app when it is ringing.
- You cannot switch off your phone when the alarm clock is ringing.
- Alarmy does not require to run in the background so as to work properly.
2. Time Bomb Alarm Clock
Another amazing app that can surely be going to help you is the Time Bomb Alarm Clock. They have cool UI (User Interface) and a lot of features.
Similar to Alarmy, here also you have to complete a task for turning off the alarm. However, it comes with a new task called “Shout on Your Phone”.
Isn’t it funny enough? Well, you should not try this task if you are living with your family.
Missions & Tasks:
The complete details of all the task included in this app are discussed below:
- Shout Mode: You need to shout on your phone in order to stop it from ringing.
- Maths Problem Mode: You will be given a few random maths problems when the alarm rings. All you’ve to do is to solve the problem as soon as possible in order to stop the alarm.
- Shake Off your Phone: Shake your phone for a particular number of times.
- What I like the most about the Time Bomb Alarm Clock is that it is super tiny in size (just 3.4 MB)
- No ads are displayed while using the app.
The links to download Time Bomb Alarm Clock for both Android & iOS devices are given below.
Not available for iOS >>
3. Extreme Alarm Clock
As the name suggests, the Extreme Alarm Clock is an extremely annoying alarm with almost the same features as the above apps do have. However, it comes with more simple & cool UI.
Addition features include Timer, Stopwatch, Weather & News in the same app. Also, you can set your favorite playlist as your alarm sound.
Missions & Tasks:
Missions & tasks you can choose to complete when you wake up are as follows:
- Photo Mode: Alarm won’t turn off until you take the exactly same picture as you choose before (while setting Alarm).
- Maths Alarm: You need to solve easy or difficult maths problems in order to stop the alarm from ringing.
- Scan Bar Code/QR Code: Scan any bar code or QR code so as to stop the alarm.
- Shake your Phone: You need to shake your phone up to a number of times to stop the alarm.
- Stopwatch, Timer, Weather & News are included in the same app.
Not available for iOS >>
4. Impossible to Sleep
What the developers say that it’s impossible to keep sleeping when you are using this alarm clock. B.t.w, this app is not at all similar to the above ones. It comes with some new features which include measuring your heart rate, sorting the numbers, playing games, turning flash ON/OFF, and all the features of Alarmy (excluding cool features).
With over 200K+ downloads, this application seems to be an alternative to the above ones.
Let’s talk about tasks & missions involved in it.
Missions & Tasks
- Measure your Heart Rate: When you wake up, the app will measure your heart rate. You need to increase your heart rate in order to stop the alarm.
- Solve Maths Problems: Similar to other apps, this one also includes an awesome feature of solving maths problems.
- Sorting the Numbers: There will be a reasoning problem that you need to solve in order to snooze/turn off the alarm.
- Play Memory Games: The app will show you a memory game whenever alarm rings. You have to score the desired score so as the alarm stops ringing.
- Shake your Phone: After shaking your phone to the required number of times, the alarm will turn off.
- Reading QR Code: You have to take the picture of QR code or any other barcode to turn off the alarm.
- Flashlight ON/OFF: Last but not least, you can also turn off the alarm by turning your flashlight ON & OFF.
- You can set an unlimited number of alarms.
- The brightness & volume increases smoothly so as time increases.
Not available for iOS >>
5. Shake-it Alarm
Shake-it as it itself says you need to shake your phone to turn off the alarm. However, this is not the only thing you can do to turn off the alarm. it comes with two more features which include Shouting & tapping your screen with hand.
Along with this, it does have powerful addons which include daily weather & news updates.
Task & Missions
- Shake it Hard: Similar to the above apps, here too you need to shake your phone for turning off your alarm clock.
- Scream Off: You can also shout loudly & use this feature to turn off the alarm.
- Touch Off: If you use this mission, then you have to continuously tap your screen so as to turn off the alarm.
- Weather & News are included in their add-on plan.
- If you cannot turn off the alarm on your own, then you can specify a friend on this app. And what the app does is, it automatically sends a text message to your friend asking him for a wake-up call.
An alternative to this app for iOS >>
This is all about 5 best & most annoying alarm clock apps. If you look at all the 5 apps, their ultimate aim is to wake you up & take you out of your comfort zone.
Here your attentiveness plays a major role. If you are not that much interested in getting up early, sooner or later you will stop setting alarm for the next day.
So if you really want to wake up early, use any of these consistently else don’t.
Again you might be deliberated about Alarmy, that there are so many other apps in the market with more missions (e.g. playing games, sorting numbers, heartbeat measurement)& tasks as compared to Alarmy, then why I’ve placed it in the first place?
Well, it is so because Alarmy has some cool features which other apps don’t have. For example, you cannot switch off your phone or uninstall the application when the alarm rings.
Because of these cool features, I’ve placed Alarmy in the first position.
One more thing, In my complete post, I’ve never talked the best time to get up in the morning. This is so because for some early morning maybe 5 o’clock & for others it might be 7 o’clock. Thus, it depends on individual perception.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. Share your love by leaving a comment & sharing this post with your friends.
Finally, I want to ask you a question, which you can answer me in the comment section 🙂
What time do you wake up in the morning and why? (I’ll feature top comments in this post)