1. Properties of LASER :
It has following properties :-
- The LASER beam is completely coherent.
- The LASER light is perfectly monochromatic.
- The LASER rays are almost perfectly parallel.
- Hence a LASER beam is very narrow & can travel to long distances without spreading.
- It can be brought to an extremely sharp focus.
- The LASER beam is extremely intense. It can vapourise even the hardest metal.
2. Applications of LASER :
It has following applications :
- LASER is used in vaporisation or melting of hard metals.
- It is used to monitor road weather.
- Highly collimated beam of LASER is used in welding & cutting in automobile industry.
- It is used in treatment of cancer due to it’s sharp focus.
- Defense & security solutions are also using LASER to provide correct information.
These are some properties & applications of LASER.